Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Mummy's Pride & Joy

Mummy created this blog to share snippets of my growing up. Time whizzes by so quickly and so much is happening every day that these precious memories would soon fade away if they're not put down in words.

Saturday, April 07, 2007

Sentosa

It's the Good Friday long weekend. Daddy and Mummy had been thinking of going for a mini outing, something different from the usual, so today we went to Sentosa. It was my first time there. We took the $3 ride on the Sentosa Express from Vivo City. By the time we reached there, it was almost 4.30 pm, and the sky was threatening to rain. From the Sentosa Express Station, we took a beach tram to Pelawan Beach.
3
There was a little wading pool beside the beach. Daddy said he would let me play in the pool next time if we were prepared with new change of clothes. We took a walk along the beach and since it was my first time walking so close to the sea, I was very curious and was constantly looking at the waters rushing up to the shore, and then receding, totally oblivious to everything else that was going on around me. As we walked closer and closer to the sea, Mummy took off my leather shoes as it was not waterproof and I could feel the sand under my feet. Thrilling! When the waves came in, I could even feel the cool water splashing up my legs!
e
All too soon, at close to 5 pm, it started to drizzle and Daddy and Mummy quickly cleaned me up and we took shelter at the nearby Koufu Food Court, where they had an early dinner. Then, when the rain got lighter but since it was still drizzling, we decided to board the Beach Tram again and took a joy ride on it. Mummy was hoping that the motion on the Tram would put me to sleep but it was in vain. We went back to the Sentosa Express Station and took another Beach Tram which went the other direction. We must have spent about half an hour on both the Trams but I still wouldn't sleep. How could I, when there was so much to see and so many people on the Tram? The second Tram took us back to the Station again and Daddy and Mummy decided that we would take a walk along Merlion Walk, which was just a stone's throw from the Station.
e
At the other end of the Merlion Walk was the gigantic Merlion, and Delifrance Cafe. We stopped by and this time, I had my dinner. It was almost 7 pm. After dinner, we took the monorail back to mainland. Daddy decided that it was high time I got a new pair of shoes, since the pair I was wearing that day got wet, and as a result, the leather got rough, and cut into my feet. So we ended the day by going shopping for a pair of shoes at Vivo City.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home