Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Mummy's Pride & Joy

Mummy created this blog to share snippets of my growing up. Time whizzes by so quickly and so much is happening every day that these precious memories would soon fade away if they're not put down in words.

Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Some Updates

I've been started on solids for 3 weeks now and these are the fruits and vegetables that I've tried so far, besides cereal (in order): butternut squash, banana, sweet potato, prune, pear.
-
VERDICT: Bananas taste okay but give me constipation. All the other foods are not to my liking.
-
Mummy's stressed up at every feed because I just wouldn't open my mouth beyond the first mouthful. The aftermath would be a bowl of unfinished food, which Mummy has to gobble down (no wonder she just couldn't shed those flabs), and splats of food on my face, fingers, legs, bib, clothes, handkerchief, hair, highchair.......(the list goes on)
-
Mummy finally decided that there is no need to rush solids, since I'm not showing any interest. Plus, I've not been 'chewing' well and sometimes gag on my food, and I've been constipated (despite drinking lotsa water) this week so she concluded that perhaps my digestive system is not yet ready for solids. Anyway, research shows that some babies thrive solely on breastmilk well into their first year. So what's the rush, Mummy. I guess Mummy was eager to introduce solids only because she enjoys preparing them.
-
I can crawl forward now! Still not a professional, though, mostly on my tummy and elbows. Most babies master sitting before crawling but Mummy says the reason I'm crawling first is that it gives me mobility so that I'll be able to reach my toys or go wherever I want. Sitting offers no such incentives.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home